We will consider sponsorship to events that:
- positively impacts economies in communities, islands and ports where we operate.
- promotes communities, islands and ports where we operate.
- benefits local suppliers, businesses and vendors.
- specifically attracts visitors to the islands and ports where we operate.
- will work towards becoming self-sustaining and have an economic legacy to the islands and ports where we operate.
- make a commitment to measuring economic impact. CalMac Ferries will provide resource on how to measure your impact should we approve your request.
- make a commitment to minimising its impact on the local environment. For example, minimising waste and reducing carbon emissions. Guidance can be found here.
We will consider sponsorship to events all year round. However, we are keen to generate economic value to communities during the months of September to April.
Our sponsorship team meet monthly. You must submit your application at least eight weeks in advance. We receive many requests and with our responsibility and commitment to ensure appropriate use of public funding, we are unable to help with all requests.
Sponsorship does not apply to events designed to generate social rather than economic value.
The CalMac Community Fund exists to generate social value to the communities, islands and ports where we operate. More information can be found here.