Ref 1511-SB Procurement Specialist (Technical)
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Procurement Specialist - Technical
REPORTS TO: Senior Procurement Business Partner
VACANCY REF: 1511-SB
RATE OF PAY: £30,550 - £44,584 (Manager Grade 2)
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 10 February 2020
CLOSING DATE: 24 February 2020
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com or by telephone on 01475 650144.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
• Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Undertake Procurement and supply chain activities, arranging goods and services necessary for on-going vessel support.
Must be able to review and understand the vessel requirements and source them economically, whilst adhering to industry standards, company policy, process and procedures.
Responsible for the entire end to end purchasing process and work with CalMac Asset Management team members in delivering a fast track simple ship-to-shore purchasing solution to the sourcing of spare parts, services and products from suppliers based predominately in the European Union.
Working in conjunction with the supplier, CalMac Logistics and the external third-party logistics provider, in preparing all required documentation to successfully import CalMac purchases through HMRC Customs and expedite up to delivery receipt, at specified CalMac delivery locations.
Support Procurement workscope within the overall team.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Responsibility for all technical purchases from suppliers located within the European Union.
• Provide administration support for the commercial aspects of the relationship with the supplier.
• Serve as primary purchasing contact for technical purchase requestors, ashore and afloat, in support of CalMac's fleet of vessels.
• Handle all enquiries for spare parts and maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) materials from technical purchase requestors.
• Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance for cost, quality, and delivery to ensure CalMac operations are successfully supported and service levels improve year-on-year.
• Manage purchase order pricing, including scheduled reviews and updates based on Framework pricing agreements; resolve invoicing/payment issues as needed; monitor critical input costs such as currency exchange rates.
• Support actions led by the Logistics Manager or Supplier & Contracts Managers in resolving supplier delivery or quality problems.
• Contribute and drive continuous improvement activities for CalMac internal processes and Asset Management systems.
• Ability to quickly gain understanding of technical purchaser's requirements and clarify any doubts to enable; timely stock search: new stock item creation; and technical preparation of requisition descriptions and quality requirements.
• A strong demonstrable skill set in solving complex sourcing issues.
• Experience of sourcing of goods and services ensuring that request for quotation (RFQ) are in line with technical purchase requestor's requirements for budget, specification and delivery date.
• Preparation and submission quotations into CalMac's purchasing system (CPS) and follow up with a buying recommendation and options to the technical purchase requestor.
• Creation of purchase orders with all requisite information and arranging valid export/import documentation with supplier and third-party logistics (3PL) partner.
• Expediting purchase order acknowledgements and purchase order line items to ex-works status.
• Liaise with 3PL to track progress through export/import process up to delivery and receipt at CalMac delivery location.
• Work with Accounts Payable in delinquent Invoice handling for supplier rectification.
• Close out purchase orders where goods are received and all transactions are completed; and confirm that all related shipping, customs and commercial documents are entered into Finance HMRC VAT Repository.
• The provision of timely reporting and support to technical purchasers and Technical Suppliers and Logistics Managers for on-going sourcing activities, delivery lead times and supply KPI's.
• Support Procurement work scope within the overall team.
• Undertake other duties as directed.
• HND or equivalent qualification
• Studying towards (or a willingness to) full member of Chartered Institute or Purchasing & Supplies
• Experience in a technical, or engineering, procurement environment.
• Excellent data analysis abilities and software skills, including Microsoft Excel, proficient with Word, PowerPoint.
• Excellent time management and organisation skills, able to comfortably manage multiple on-going Inquiries, prioritize and adapt in response to changing business needs.
• Knowledge of inventory and P2P software.
• Pressure tolerance - comfort related to working under deadlines and busy schedules.
• Collaborative - the tendency to collaborate with others when making decisions.
• Persistent - tenacity in working toward objectives, despite encountering significant obstacles.
• Ability to work on own initiative, decisively and contribute to key business decisions.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.