Ref 1508-SB Customer Advisor - Stornoway
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Customer Advisor
REPORTS TO: Team Manager
VACANCY REF: 1508-SB
CONTRACT: Fixed Term (12 Months)
RATE OF PAY: £10.68 / hour
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
DATE ADVERTISED: 11 February 2020
CLOSING DATE: 25 February 2020
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com or by telephone on 01475 650144.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
• Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
As Customer Advisor, your duties are to provide an excellent service to customers through various channels; to resolve queries at first point of contact and ensure our customers receive a prompt and courteous service.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• To act as first point of contact for customers, dealing effectively with booking requests, enquiries, payments, refunds, marketing campaigns and retail offers
• Investigate and resolve customer enquiries
• Reply to customer emails quickly and efficiently
• Responsible for ensuring our customers receive a high standard of customer service
• To contact customers in accordance with agreed procedures, e.g. customer satisfaction surveys
• Take responsibility for personal performance and achievement of targets
• Assist in the general administration of the department
• Undertake other duties as required to support customer contact areas, as appropriate to the role and position
• Promoting and actively reviewing practices to ensure a safe working environment
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• A flexible attitude to working practices
• PC literate and familiar with Microsoft applications at foundation level
• Ability to work in a busy environment
• Strong team-player
• Multi-skilled across a variety of channels
• Out-standing knowledge of our services; including routes, islands, timetabes and pricing structure
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.