Ref 1601-SB IT Project Manager
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: IT Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of PMO
VACANCY REF: 1601-SB
RATE OF PAY: Manager Grade 1 (£39,627 - £45,000) commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Gourock - remote working due to COVID19
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 20 November 2020
CLOSING DATE: 04 December 2020
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
We are looking for a Project Manager to be based in our Gourock headquarters who can demonstrate proven ability to lead teams to deliver complex business change projects across a diverse environment; providing leadership to the project team by building and motivating team members to achieve their project goals. This successful applicant has the authority to run their assigned projects on a day to day basis ensuring the ownership for the full lifecycle of assigned projects ensuring that they produce the required deliverables of quality, to scope, to time and to budget.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Develop and manage all aspects of project stakeholder engagement, from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources
• Develop appropriate and executive level communication
• Establish effective relationships with stakeholders such as Project Sponsor and Project Board, ensuring roles and responsibilities are understood and fulfilled
• Manage project controls (RAID, change control) ensuring alignment and adherence to CalMac's Governance and Project Management Framework
• Ownership and management of project finance reporting
• Produce appropriate project management documentation in accordance with CalMac Project Management Framework
• Provide project status reporting, regarding project milestones, deliverables, risks, issues and communicating this across the project and wider project audience as required
• Participate in and drive feasibility studies and associated proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
• Lead and motivate the project team, and ensure the behavioural expectations of team members are established
• Coordinate the tasks of project team and recognise the various methods required to lead and motivate people to deliver within a project environment
• Set and continually manage project expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with team members and stakeholders
• Define, agree and report on the success criteria and disseminate to the involved parties throughout the project lifecycle
• Work with the PMO to build and prepare project estimates, define resource requirements and detailed project plans across all phases of assigned project ensuring the achievement of project objectives
• Manage the handover of project outputs into business as usual / operations and ensure a successful transition
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Degree qualified
• PRINCE 2 or equivalent with a minimum of two years of project management experience
• Excellent knowledge of finance, project, programme and change management
• Minimum of two years stakeholder management
• Minimum of one year of requirements gathering
• Proven track record in the management of projects to time and cost, which delivered quality outcomes and tangible business benefits
• Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up and across the business
• Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish creditability, problem solve, build consensus and achieve objectives
• A drive for results and accountability in delivering to the business needs
• The ability to demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
• Participation in the negotiation of vendor contracts
• Excellent facilitation and meeting management skills
• MS Project (Project Online), SharePoint, Word, Excel
Personal attributes and traits: The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance
• Ability to facilitate and enhance performance of self and others
• Be open and flexible to change
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to develop solutions to problems
• Have integrity and passion about what they do
• Environmental awareness and eagerness to contribute to organisational environmental targets
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled. After this time, we will destory your application.