Ref 1645-SB Payroll Assistant
EMPLOYING COMPANY: David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited
JOB TITLE: Payroll Assistant
REPORTS TO: Payroll Manager
VACANCY REF: 1645-SB
CONTRACT: 12 Months Fixed-Termc
RATE OF PAY: £23,920 (Clerical Grade B)
LOCATION: Gourock (flexible working in line with Government guidelines)
HOURS PER WEEK: 38
DATE ADVERTISED: 23 February 2021
CLOSING DATE: 09 February 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAVID MACBRAYNE HR (UK) LIMITED
David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited is a Human Resource subsidiary which supports David MacBrayne Limited (DML). DML is the parent company of two major subsidiary businesses CalMac Ferries Ltd and Solent Gateway Ltd.
Assist the Payroll Manager and Assistant Payroll Manager in providing a comprehensive Payroll service for the Company.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Assist with production of the CalmacPayroll by accurately transferring weekly timesheet information and all other associated elements onto the payroll system, and checking net pay prior to authorisation by Manager-all to agreed timescales in accordance with Company procedures and in compliance with Government body requirements.
• Highlighting opportunities for Payroll improvementand ensure Payroll input to the integration of the HR/Payroll and Rostering Systems.
• Assist in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of monthly Payroll returns and all associated information including BACS payments and electronic filing as required to deputise for Payroll and Assistant Payroll Manager.
• Processing and reconciling Mastercard expenses on a monthly basis for Finance.
• Check correct application of Income Tax Code changes.
• Resolve general enquiries from external organisations including, Inland Revenue, Benefits Agencies,Sheriff Courts and Pensions Administrators.
• Send out all Payroll generated letters for auto-enrolment into the People's Pension Fund.
• Undertake other duties as directed.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Ability to communicate well with external bodies and across the Company at all levels and to work as part of a team with the desire and commitment to ensure the successful and consistent delivery of a comprehensive Payroll service for the Company.Qualifications, skills,and experience
• Thorough knowledge and experience of computerised payroll systems and Microsoft packages.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in dealing with the conditions of service applicable to all Caledonian MacBrayne staff.
• Experience in dealing with Income Tax, NIC, SSP, SMP and Paternity leave etc. to meet Government body regulations.
• Good knowledge of Company Pension Fund arrangments i.e. Ensign, People's Pension, Calmac Pension Fund.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.