Ref 1646-SB HR Assistant
EMPLOYING COMPANY: David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited
JOB TITLE: HR Assistant
REPORTS TO: HR Services Manager
VACANCY REF: 1646-SB
CONTRACT: 12 Months Fixed-Term
RATE OF PAY: £23,920 (Clerical Grade B)
LOCATION: Gourock (Remote working in line with Government guidelines)
HOURS PER WEEK: 38
DATE ADVERTISED: 23 February 2021
CLOSING DATE: 09 March 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com.
DAVID MACBRAYNE HR (UK) LIMITED
David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited is a Human Resource subsidiary which supports David MacBrayne Limited (DML). DML is the parent company of two major subsidiary businesses CalMac Ferries Ltd and Solent Gateway Ltd.
The purpose of the HR Assistant role is to provide comprehensive support to the HR Services team and HR Manager in all aspects of the work of the HR department, but with particular focus on absence management administration, recruitment administration, the maintenance of HR system records and pension administration. This support will allow the HR Services team to work on embedding a new HR system.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Responding to general HR queries from both employees and managers.
• Taking personal ownership for resolving issues, but escalating where appropriate to an HRBP or member of the senior HR team
• Updating employee records on the payroll system
• Raising Purchase Orders for the department
• Carrying out any other duties as required to assist in the smooth running of the HR department
• Assisting with the recruitment process; interview scheduling, CV screening, liaising with candidates & producing offer paperwork
• Updating absence records and filing absence paperwork
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Good educational background, good standard of written and spoken English essential
• Certificate in Personnel Practice or similar would be desirable and ideally working towards the Chartered Instituteof Personnel and Development
• Computer literate, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
• Numerate, able to manipulate, analyse and present data to provide meaningful management information
• Able to work accurately and demonstrate attention to detail
• Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately to customerqueries
• Good problem solving skills
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and proactive in offering assistance to colleagues
• Keen to look for ways to continuously improve the HR processes and play an active role in improving the service to the business
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.