As a Retail Rating your focus will be on looking after our customers. Our retail crew have the critical customer-facing role of ensuring our passengers enjoy a stress free journey. You will work in our food and drink outlets and ensure the ship is kept in great condition for your passengers and fellow crew. This course begins in September and takes one year to complete.
Key Tasks and Principal Accountabilities
- Complete training tasks as described in the MNTB Retail Rating Training Record Book, obtaining monthly signatures as required.
- Adhere to the Retail Operations procedures.
- Complete the on-board Retail Induction programme.
- Assist with any cleaning tasks utilising the appropriate chemicals and equipment, supervised initially by a senior member of staff.
- Duties as required by muster list in an emergency (no direct responsibility)
- Understand and adhere to Food Hygiene practises and procedures.
- Adhere to safe work systems of work, safety training and compliance with current legislation.
- Adhere to the company's stock, cash control and fiscal security procedures.
- Following suitable training, to be prepared to accept the duties and responsibilities of senior staff if nominated.
- Undertake any duties as required by the Head of Department
- Attend such college courses allocated punctually and reliably in accordance with the schedule set by the company and/or the college.
To diligently study, as required, to ensure a high level of understanding and knowledge of topics required for the award of:
- Personal Survival Techniques Certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-2
- Elementary First Aid Certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-3
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility Certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-4
- Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats in accordance with STCW A-VI/2.
- Level Two Food Hygiene
- Personal Licensing Course