Ref 1702-SB Project Coordinator - Operational Planning
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator - Operational Planning
REPORTS TO: Operational PlanningProgramme Manager
VACANCY REF: 1702-SB
CONTRACT: 12 Months Fixed-Term
RATE OF PAY: £28,953 (Clerical Grade D)
LOCATION: Gourock / Remote working
HOURS PER WEEK: 38
DATE ADVERTISED: 31 May 2021
CLOSING DATE: 14 June 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Reporting to the Operational Planning Programme Manager, provide project support to the Operational Planning projects and initiatives including gathering data, maintaining documentation, updating SharePoint sites, administering meetings and maintaining and updating relevant systems.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Support the team in the delivery of Operational Planning projects and initiatives
· Maintain the project control logs on behalf of Programme Manager and Project Managers ensuring all relevant information is captured, accurate and up-to-date
· Manage the "Plan Approval" process ensuring all requests are recorded, circulated, reviewed, collated and returned within the timescales agreed
· Monitor project mailboxes ensuring all communications into and out of the mailbox are accurately recorded using the agreed format
· Record minutes and actions from meetings and circulate for comment
· Follow up outstanding actions with various internal stakeholders ensuring progress is accurately stored within the project control log
· Collate progress reports and status updates on projects and circulate to relevant stakeholders
· Create and manage SharePoint site to support the projects and ensure information is accurate, relevant and up-to-date and maintained by all relevant parties
· Collate progress reports and status updates on projects and circulate to relevant stakeholders as laid out in the programme communication strategy
· Provide any ad-hoc administrative support that is required to support delivery of Operational Planning Projects
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience working in project environment
· 3 years senior administrative experience and/or undergraduate degree in business and management
· Understanding of the CalMac network, routes and operation
· Data gathering, analysis and interrogation experience
· Experience of researching and summarising information, identifying salient points, documenting findings and producing reports
· Evidence of excellent communication skills
· Excellent report writing and presentation skills
· Experience and knowledge of delivering effective customer-orientated services
· Excellent IT and web skills with experience in using a range of Microsoft Office products
· Ability to come up with innovative, creative and imaginative solutions
· Use judgement to take quick and confident decisions
· Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines and adjust to changing business requirements
· Enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated person, with strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills
· Logical and objective with a high attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.