Ref 1700-SB Fleet Technical Overhaul Operations Manager
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Fleet Technical Overhaul Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Technical Operations
VACANCY REF: 1700-SB
RATE OF PAY: Executive Manager
LOCATION: Gourock / Remote Working
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 01 June 2021
CLOSING DATE: 15 June 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations, the purpose of the role will be to support the Head of Technical Opeartions in the roll out of theCHFS2 Asset Management strategy affecting overhaul operations; provide technical and engineering support to ensure efficient & effective operations and delivery of CHFS2 / change programme initiatives to ensure successful performanceof all assets in line withthedirectorate business plan.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Lead and manage the Fleet Technical Overhaul Operationsteam to achieve the standards and objectives set in line with the Asset Management Business plan
· Responsible for theline and performance management of the SeniorOverhaul Technical Managers (Major Vessels), Senior Overhaul Technical Superintendents (Small Vessels) and Overhaul Scheduler (and AMT).
· Ensure management processes and procedures are in place to ensure high performance of a safe, reliable and efficient fleet of ships& compliant with the ISM code.
· Ensure a minimum annualreviewof all processesare carried outto ensure current and relevant documentation on overhaul and planning operations
· Ensuring detailed Fleet Annual Overhaul planning is carried out in good time and a high qualityplan is produced, monitoredand delivered against the agreed operations plan, with risk management and mitigation actions documented
· Responsible for the management and control of the overhaul operations & allocated resource budget
· Responsible for the operational performanceof the overhaul programme, monthly reporting against KPI and objectives and production of performance management reports
· Responsible for the identification and mitigation of overhaul operations risksmanagement
· Comply with and promote safety rules and procedures, challenge unsafebehaviour, and ensure all accidents, near misses are reported in line with the company's life saving rules
· Responsiblefor near miss, incident, accident, audit and investigation technical action follow-up in a timely & effective manner, production of investigation reports and recommendation & implementation of agreed corrective actions
· Provide technical inputon procurement activity related to overhaul operations; creation of specifications, tender evaluation and contract award implementation
· Maintain a strong working relationship with the Supply Chain team to ensure appropriate, timely technical supplier management against business needs and procedures
· Support the Head of Technical Operationsto identify, develop and implement opportunities for continuous improvement across overhaul operations
· Responsible for ensuring the success & delivery of change programme initiatives that impact overhaul operations
· Relationship management -oversight, maintain and points of escalation withexternal parties external parties including but not limited to CMAL, Agency, MCA, MAIB, OEMs, third party suppliers and yards to meet overhaul operations requirements
· Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all Heads of, Department managers and staff demonstrating by example company values
· Responsible for direct reports/team development, achieved by regular one to ones and yearly set objectives underpinned by the organisational goals that will allow us collectively achieve our mission and vision
· Promoting the CalMac culture through our values that define the sort of organisation we are, what we stand for and how we will all behave when carrying out our operations
· Deputise on behalf of theHead of Technical Operations on tasksor activity within the scope of personal competencies and capabilities
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Be educated to a degree level or hold an Unlimited Class One Chief Engineers Certificate
· Have experience of working in a similar post or as a Technical Manager (with Passenger and Vehicle Ferries) demonstrating experience involving prioritisation, decision making and producing results in a high pressure environment
· Be able to demonstrate experience of Project Management and Implementation.
· Showing experience in planning, resource management and reporting.
· Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Project tools and methodologies
· Be an experienced Maritime professional, capable of exercising sound judgement inboth proactive and reactive, vessel operation management scenarios
· Be proficient in the use of Windows 10, Microsoft Office or equivalent software / IT systems
· Highly developed communication skills and ability to build relationships alllevels.
· Work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships
· Have integrity and be passionate about what they do
· Understanding of change, strategic and business planning processes
· Have a strong work and environmental ethic and eagerness to develop solutions to problems
· Be willing to undertake all reasonable training, learning and development activity designed to support you in your role
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.