Ref 1769-SB Fleet Spares Assistant
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Fleet Spares Assistant
REPORTS TO: Fleet Spares Controller
VACANCY REF: 1769-SB
CONTRACT: 12 Months Fixed-Term
RATE OF PAY: £27,262
LOCATION: Gourock (Faulds Park)
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 06 September 2021
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
Applications are invited for the permanent vacancy of Fleet Spares Assistant located at Faulds Park, Gourock.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Assisting with Co-ordinating and prioritising logistics requirements relating to ashore fleet spares and equipment
· Ensuring that required safety standards are adhered to and that the appropriate safety equipment is used
· The receipt and storage of technical items received at Gourock
· Issuing of parts & technical consumables as required
· Ensuring that stock records are kept of technical items on hand and issued, and that the location of all items and fleet spares and equipment are known and appropriately identified in conjunction with CPS
· Ensuring that a Stocktaking programme is set up and adhered to in line with company requirements in conjunction with the Fleet Spares Controller
· Ensuring that any company vehicles allocated to their care are kept clean and tidy, that fuel uplifts and mileage are recorded monthly and the vehicles are serviced at the appropriate intervals
· Assist in sourcing and procurement of spare parts and materials for use at breakdowns, annual overhauls and in service as required by Superintendents and occasionally Technical Manager's in the absence of Fleet Spares Controller
· Ensuring that requisitions received from vessel are sourced and procured in a timely manner
· Ensuring records of maintenance schedules for plant, machinery & ready to use spare units are kept up to date in the absence of the Fleet Spares Controller
· Assist with major vessels strategic key spares in conjunction with the responsible Technical Manager's, Superintendents and Fleet Spares Controller
· Ensuring that Recording, handling and despatch of items from vessels for repair or return
· The operation of a forklift as required
· Computerised Stock Control
· And any other duties required by the Fleet Spares Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 5 years warehouse experience.
· Clean Current Driving License
· Computer literate with experience of word, excel etc
· LOLER & PUWER competencies
· Familiarity with modern warehouse practice and methods
· Good Organisational and time management skills
· Forklift Licence
· Knowledge of Min/ Max principles
· Proven team work
· Reporting and documentation skills
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.