Ref 1770-SB Customer Specialist
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Customer Specialist x 2
REPORTS TO: Team Manager
VACANCY REF: 1770-SB
CONTRACT: Fixed-Term until March 2022
RATE OF PAY: £10.74 / hour
LOCATION: Gourock & Stornoway
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours (on-call also required)
DATE ADVERTISED: 08 September 2021
CLOSING DATE: 22 September 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
As part of our Customer Specialist team, you will be responsible for monitoring how services are running across the network and inform our customers of any disruption, swiftly communicating across multiple channels, including our app, email, SMS and visual messaging boards (VMBs). You will be responsible for composing, disseminating and quality assuring communications, drawing from a wide range of sources to accurately inform our customers via the various service updates channels including Twitter and Facebook.In addition, the Customer Specialist team is the point of contact that invokes first response for emergency incidents (ERST) across the organisation. You will have a flexible approach and the ability to work in a small, highly motivated team. You will also need to be a proactive, customer-focused team player, who is proficient in verbal and written communication.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Responsible for the delivery of exemplary customer service to our internal and external customers by managing customer expectations effectively, efficiently and proactively delivering the best solution for our customers.
· Responsible for monitoring, composing, disseminating and quality assuring communications, drawing from a wide range of sources to accurately inform our customers across multiple voice and non-voice channels such as web chat, social media or email.
· Responsible for recording or disseminating information across multiple channels within the agreed service levels.
· First point of contact for customer communication across social media service channels, voice and other non-voice channels.
· Collaborate with colleagues across the business to obtain the most up-to-date service information to enable informed, concise and consistent communication.
· Collaborate with the marketing and customer experience team to form and agree content schedules to ensure travel-related information is broadcast accurately and timeously across our various websites and social media.
· Support the department with the broadcasting of customer experience and insight surveys.
· Responsible for accurate monitoring, recording and publishing of daily technical and weather performance related statistics for internal and external customers.
· First point of contact that invokes first response for emergency incidents (ERST) across the organisation with responsibility for all internal communications to relevant emergency teams during an incident. *This is a 24-hour response service operating on a rotating on-call arrangement.
· As required, support the Customer Services department with inbound voice and non-voice customer enquiries, e.g. telephone calls, emails, passenger rights and general customer interactions.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Excellent standard of written and verbal English. Educated to higher-grade in English or equivalent.
· Experience of working within a Customer Service role, with the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues.
· Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
· Demonstrated IT literacy and proven experience of Microsoft Office 365 and social media platforms.
· Attention to detail and accuracy essential, married with the ability to follow processes and perform consistently in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to quickly demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of our services, including destinations, timetables, vessels and processes.
· A flexible approach combined with the ability to work in a small, highly motivated, customer-focused team.
· Ability to take responsibility for personal performance and achievement of targets.
The successful candidate must be flexible and available to work within the opening hours:
Mon - Fri 05.15 am - 9pm
Sat 05.15am - 8pm
Sun 06.30 - 8pm
(on call is required)
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.