Ref 1768-SB Planning & Control Analyst
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Planning & Control Analyst
REPORTS TO: Operations Control Centre Manager
VACANCY REF: 1768-SB
CONTRACT: 12 Months Fixed-Term
LOCATION: Gourock, with network travel as required
SHIFT PATTERN: 3 days on / 3 days off, working 12 hour shifts
DATE ADVERTISED: 08 September 2021
CLOSING DATE: 22 September 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
The Planning & Control Analyst is responsible for supporting the Integrated Operations Control Centre in overseeing the provision of the CalMac Service Delivery Plan and managing, monitoring and responding to all operational incidents that occur within the CalMac Network. The Planning & Control Analyst has responsibility to ensure that the published timetable is, where possible, maintained to a high standard. They must pro-actively assist in managing day to day vessel operations and, when disruption occurs, discharge effective contingency plans to ensure service recovery, working collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders across the business.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Assist with development, maintenance and execution of route specific contingency plans to minimise the impact on customers wherever possible working with Area Operations Managers and Planning and Control Manager.
· Assist with creation of the Service Delivery Plan including deployment and resourcing.
· Proactively manage day to day timetable updates and communicate changes.
· Monitoring of additional sailings that are carried out within the network, compile weekly reports, assess adherence to protocols, provide support to Port Managers in delivering additional sailings and application of the protocols and escalate any areas of non-compliance to respective line managers.
· Monitoring adherence to Performance Deduction Protocols, supporting Port Managers, Masters, Skippers and Regional Operations Teams in planning service changes and coding sailings with a view to minimising performance deduction levies within the terms of the contract whilst maximising service delivery.
· Assist in the Long, medium and short term disruption, crisis and contingency planning management.
· Work with Port Managers and Masters & Skippers to co-ordinate vessel deployment during disruption.
· Provide a co-ordination and control function in support of the Operations Teams at the daily operations calls, recording issues and following up any outstanding actions.
· Ensure all relevant Business areas are communicated to before, during and after any disruption events utilising various media of communication.
· Monitoring of short, medium and long term weather forecasts across all key areas within the network and providing and communicating early warning of issues, weather warnings and particular areas of concern.
· Assist with planning & management of the deployment of relief vessels in support of the delivery of Annual Maintenance Plan.
· Utilise the Operations software suite to ensure that accurate/timely data is collected within the system pertaining to delays, disruption, operational data relevant for evaluation and analysis.
· You should expect to work cross-functionally in the IOC supporting the Crewing function as required.
· Participate in emergency exercises as required.
· Maximise personal competency through your commitment to continuous personal development.
· Carry out any work-related duties allocated by the Operations Control Centre Manager or on duty Planning and Control Manager
· Excellent Communication skills
· High degree of computer literacy
· Logical thinker, with good analytical and creative problem solving skills
· Ability to work shifts
· Customer focused
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong organisational skills, time management skill with a high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple work priorities.
· Ability to forward-think and use initiative
· Enthusiasm and drive are key qualities.
· Working knowledge of a logistical or operational environment would be an advantage
· Experience of multi-tasking and working in a high-pressure environment
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.