Ref 1792-SB Procurement Manager
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Procurement Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Procurement Business Partner
VACANCY REF: 1792-SB
RATE OF PAY: £41,778 - £50,000
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 08 October 2021
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Identify, develop and deliver value for money and best practice through a portfolio of Supply Markets. Responsible for strategic sourcing and delivery of significant savings identified from a defined range of market areas. Working effectively in a regulated Procurement environment and demonstrating an agile approach in line with the business demand, while ensuring compliance to all relevant Legislation, Processes and Procedures. Maximising efficiencies through the use of best Procurement practice.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Formulate, negotiate and manage a defined range of market areas to secure the best terms, conditions and financial outcome for the Company.
· Administer the commercial aspects of contracts including supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, recommendation, placement, variation management, claim management and performance monitoring.
· Maintain market knowledge of all areas of expenditure and assist in developing supply chain strategies that will underpin Company objectives.
· Assist in monitoring supply market relationships, externally and internally and act as subject matter expert.
· Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategies, deliverables and agreed targets for a defined range of market areas and ensure risks are understood, managed and promulgated.
· Provide regular and pro-active liaison and support to internal and external customers to enable best practice to be achieved throughout Company-wide contracts.
· Ensure all materials procured meet the Company's requirements of suitability for purpose, quality, safety and price and continually monitor and assess Suppliers to ensure they are providing a service in accordance with their contractual obligations.
· Assist in establishing a strategy that achieves targeted savings, performance improvement and supplier rationalisation. Responsible for reviewing all relevant legislation, rules and procedures and recommend areas of change.
· Undertake other duties as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Degree and/or relevant professional qualification and significant contract experience desirable.
· Member of the Charted Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or equivalent qualification is desirable.
· Experience of both Public and Private sector Procurement is desirable.
· Experience of conducting major Contract negotiations is desirable.
· Proven track record of delivering optimum results in a multi-faceted Procurement operation together with a comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain governance desirable.
· Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and contract processes including European and National legislation.
· Awareness of new technological and best practice advances in Procurement.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.