Ref 1791-SB Customer Advisor
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Customer Advisor
REPORTS TO: Team Manager
VACANCY REF: 1791-SB
CONTRACT: Fixed Term until 31 March 2022
RATE OF PAY: £11.26 / hour
LOCATION: Gourock or Stornoway
HOURS PER WEEK: 1 x 40 hour contract
1 x 30 hour contract
1 x 20 hour contract
DATE ADVERTISED: 08 October 2021
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
As a member of our Customer Advisor team you will be responsible for anything from checking availability and making reservations, to providing reassurance during times of disruption, to relaying information about the destinations we serve across the west coast of Scotland.
This could include interacting with our customers through non-voice channels such as web chat, social media and email. On a day to day basis, you will be speaking to our customers to help them navigate through our range of routes and products, while making them aware of our great digital channels.
You will have a flexible approach and the ability to work in a highly motivated team. You will
also need to be a proactive, customer-focused team player, who is proficient in verbal and written
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Responsible for the delivery of exemplary customer service to our internal and external customers by managing customer expectations effectively and proactively delivering the best solution for our customers.
· First point of contact for customers, with responsibility for providing information about our destinations and timetables, checking availability and making reservations, and providing customers with accurate information during times of disruptions.
· Responsible for maximising the value of every telephone interaction by converting customer enquiries into reservations and promoting the benefits of an online account.
· Responsible for accurate data capture and acquisition to enable the company to deliver the customer insight strategy.
· Responsible for the processing of reservation and retail payments and refunds, in addition to passenger rights claims.
· Collaborate with colleagues across the business to obtain the most up-to-date service information to enable informed, concise and consistent communication.
· Responsible for composing, disseminating and quality assuring communications, drawing from a wide range of sources to accurately inform our customers across multiple voice and non-voice channels such as web chat, social media or email.
- Accurately record telephone outcomes and provide feedback to the business to ensure continuous improvement and aid Customer Satisfaction.
- As required, support the other areas of Customer Services with voice and non-voice customer interactions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English. Educated to higher-grade in English or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a Customer Service role, with the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and colleagues.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- The ability to demonstrate empathy while at the same time able to deal with sometimes challenging conversations.
- Demonstrate IT literacy and proven experience of Microsoft Office 365 and social media platforms.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential, along with the ability to follow processes and perform consistently in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to quickly demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of our services, including destinations, timetables, vessels and processes.
- A flexible approach combined with the ability to work in a small, highly motivated, customer-focused team.
- An ability to take responsibility for personal performance and achievement of targets.
The successful candidate must be flexible and available to work within the opening hours:
Monday-Friday: 07:00 - 21:00
Saturday: 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.