Ref 1808-SB Procurement Specialist
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Procurement Specialist
REPORTS TO: Procurement Manager
VACANCY REF: 1808-SB
RATE OF PAY: £32,209 to £47,005
LOCATION: Gourock with Agile Working
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 16 November 2021
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email at email@example.com
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Undertake Procurement and supply chain activities in support of the management and control of designated areas of expenditure. Provide cover for purchasing system administration (CPS) and ensure all user records and levels of access are maintained and controlled in line with CPS Desk Instructions.
· Assist in the formulation, negotiation and management of a defined range of Commodity areas to secure the best terms, conditions and financial outcome for the Company.
· Assist in the administration of the commercial aspects of Contracts including supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, recommendation, placement, variation management, claim management and performance monitoring.
· Assist in developing Strategies that will underpin Company objectives.
· Implement designated Strategies and progress through the required Procurement processes in order to deliver successful outcomes and achieve agreed targets.
· Provide regular and pro-active liaison and support to internal and external stakeholders.
· Assist stakeholders during periods of Contract mobilisation and monitor performance.
· Ensure all materials procured meet the Company's requirements of suitability for purpose, quality, safety and price.
· Deliver and support strategies to achieve targeted savings, performance improvement and supplier rationalisation.
· Responsible for providing cover when required for purchasing system administration (CPS) that ensures all user records and levels of access are maintained and controlled.
· Responsible for control of agency fuel cards.
· Where contractual issues exist, assist stakeholders to ensure orders are received in a timely fashion. Where contractual issues persist, escalate to Procurement line management.
· Prepare agreed price variations ready for upload to CPS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• HND or equivalent qualification together with relevant experience is required.
• Studying towards full membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies is desirable.
• Experience in the use of Public Contracts Scotland Quick Quote portal is desirable.
• Experience in the use of Public Contracts Scotland Tenders portal is desirable.
• Experience of Contract negotiations is desirable.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain and Contract management is desirable.
• Relevant experience of tendering procedures is required.
• Experience of Public Sector Procurement legislation is desirable.
• Good understanding of Microsoft tools including SharePoint and Power BI is required
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.