Ref 1807-SB Customer Engagement Team Manager
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Customer Engagement Team Manager
REPORTS TO: Customer Engagement Centre Operations Lead
VACANCY REF: 1807-SB
RATE OF PAY: £32,209 - £47,005 (Manager Grade 2)
LOCATION: Gourock or Stornoway. Travel across the network as required
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5 hours
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 21:00, Saturday and Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00
DATE ADVERTISED: 16 November 2021
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator by the number of routes and vessels
deployed; we operate 33 vessels delivering lifeline and tourist services between the mainland of
Scotland and 22 of the major islands on Scotland's west coast, including the Outer Hebrides and
the Isles of Skye, Mull and Islay. CalMac Ferries is also the delegated statutory harbour authority
operating 24 harbours and slipways through Scotland's Hebridean and Clyde islands.
This is a management role with accountability for a team of Customer Representatives and
Specialists delivering services across voice and non-voice channels traversing our various
customers groups. This could consist of both in-house and outsourced teams.
You will take a hands-on approach overseeing the daily activities of a team to ensure the delivery
of exemplary customer service to our internal and external customers by managing customer
expectations effectively and proactively, whilst adhering to agreed service level agreement and
business key performance indicators.
You will coach and mentor team members who can empathise with less tech-savvy customers to
help them use digital solutions with confidence. The team will support customers of varying
confidence levels to embrace a 'Digital First' strategy, resulting in increased online registrations,
mobile app utilisation and self-sufficiency.
You will plan, direct, supervise, and evaluate workflow, review call pattern forecasting activities,
procedures and scripts used by team members and improve processes, procedures, and
productivity based on statistics (total calls, average number of calls on hold, hold times, etc.).
You will have a flexible approach and the ability to manage a highly motivated team. You will
possess excellent communication and writing skills, adept at personally handling complex
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Assist the Customer Engagement Centre Operations Manager to effectively resource plan the
Contact Centre ensuring that resource is fully utilised, and any contact demand is effectively covered
whilst adhering to budget.
· Effective leadership of Customer Engagement Centre staff including staff recruitment and retention,
management and development of staff and encouraging the continuous improvement of the service.
· Ensure the Customer Engagement Centre is resourced and that shift patterns are created and
allocated appropriately to meet customer contact demand.
· Managing the team's daily operations, developing and training team members to acquire, maintain
and build competencies. Including call listening and coaching Customer Representatives and
Specialists on areas of improvement.
· Provide support in dealing with complaints and take ownership for carrying out investigations,
reporting back to service users, internal staff or third-parties as needed.
· Taking calls on behalf of the Customer Representatives and Specialists when the nature of the call
has become more sensitive and requires intervention from a senior member of the team.
· Monitoring and driving individual and team performance, against a set of key performance indicators
· Implementation of customer and employee surveys to measure performance and the development of
action plans for agreement with the Customer Engagement Centre Operations Lead, to address
issues and close gaps identified.
· Preparing reports for your Line Manager on performance against these KPIs.
· Responsible for understanding existing and implementing new Customer Engagement Centre
· Responsible for providing an effective and detailed handover to an incoming Team Manager and end
of business day to the customer Engagement Centre Operations Lead.
· Provide Team leadership to the teams through effective team briefing, two-way communication and
· Establish work procedures and processes which support organisational and departmental
standards, procedures and strategic initiatives
· You will be required to be aware of situational factors that may impact customers during disruptions
or changes to services and pro-actively manage this
· Develop your team's performance through monthly one-to-ones and ongoing training and coaching,
so that they can successfully support customers across several channels including telephony,
digital messaging and social media
· Design, implement, and manage all training and coaching to ensure Customer Advisors and
Specialists are developed to their full potential.
· Work with other Team Managers to deliver operational improvements in line with the wider business
Customer Experience and Digital strategy
· Build relationships with colleagues across the business, including L&D, Risk & Compliance, Insight
· Adhere to People Policies
The successful candidate must be flexible and available to work within the opening hours:
Mon - Fri 05.15 am - 9pm
Sat 05.15am - 8pm
Sun 06.30 - 8pm (on call is required)
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.