Ref 1816-SB Business Analyst
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
REPORTS TO: Head of PMO and Project Management
VACANCY REF: 1816-SB
RATE OF PAY: Manager Grade 2
LOCATION: Gourock / Remote Working
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 24 November 2021
CLOSING DATE: 08 December 2021
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
We are seeking a Business Analyst with the skills and knowledge to support the creation and development of an in-house centre of excellence which will provide business analysis skills across the organisation, embedding this into our culture and supporting our future growth plans.
Working as a Business Analyst in the IT & Change department, you will be a key liaison with all Business Units and responsible for investigating, analysing and documenting business requirements to support the delivery of successful project outcomes. This role will engage with subject matter experts to design and model business processes, analyse the impact of change on existing processes and support the delivery of change projects into the wider organisation. You will have an understanding of different delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
You will have an excellent understanding of end to end project delivery including; business case development; requirements gathering; process mapping; workshop facilitation & creation of project documentation and business change.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible team player, with excellent communication skills, who can adapt to different scenarios and with the ability to communicate across a diverse audience.
As Business Analyst, you will be able to work both remotely and in the office (agile working) and we welcome applications from across the CalMac network. Please note that network travel and occasional travel to our head office at Gourock will be required.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Liaise extensively with all business areas, stakeholders, external suppliers & all members of the IT & Change team at various levels
· Analyse and gather business requirements and define functional changes to design solutions
· Engage with key stakeholders to confidently facilitate multi-level workshops across all business areas
· Determine technical and business suitability of proposed requirements with relevant IT & Change boards, external developers and other relevant team members and provide recommendations.
· Validate proposed solutions with business representatives and technical team to ensure solutions and restrictions are clearly understood & meet user expectations
· Define and document solutions and changes producing comprehensive documentation supported by structured analysis techniques and methodologies
· Drive the delivery of functionality agreed with business representatives by liaising with external suppliers, and internal teams
· Planning and working flexibly to ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met
· Provide support to testing throughout the project lifecycle
· On-going involvement in the implementation of new systems
· Creation of user manuals
· Support transition of projects/changes to operational teams
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Business Analyst role.
· Qualification in a recognised Business Analysis certification.
· Demonstrable experience of delivery using a variety of different methodologies
· Demonstrable experience of business change.
· Enthusiastic, proactive & self-motivated person with strong organizational planning & interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrable experience of training others in business analysis techniques across organisations
· Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
· Demonstrate experience of working cooperatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships
· Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to interact professional with a diverse group of partners, senior managers and subject matter experts
· Logical & objective with high attention to detail
· Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines, and adjust to changing business requirements
· Use judgement to take quite and confident decisions
· Ability to work under pressure.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.