Ref 1844-SB Senior Procurement Business Partner
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Senior Procurement Business Partner
REPORTS TO: Head of Supply Chain
VACANCY REF: 1844-SB
RATE OF PAY: Senior Manager Grade (£52,229 - £74,860)
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 13 January 2022
CLOSING DATE: 27 January 2022
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Deliver value to the Company through the creation, implementation and delivery of effective Procurement Strategies
· Responsibility for strategic sourcing and delivery of significant savings
· Working effectively in a regulated procurement environment and demonstrating an agile approach in line with the business demands, while ensuring compliance to all relevant Legislation, Processes and Policies
· Identification and delivery of collaborative buying opportunities
· Maximise efficiencies through the use of best Procurement practice and dynamic e-procurement, e-tendering and e-auction technologies
· Management and development of a defined team of Procurement Professionals
· Formulate, negotiate and manage a defined range of market areas to secure the best terms and conditions and financial outcome for the company
· Administer the commercial aspects of the contracts including supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, recommendation, placement, variation management, claim management and performance
· Maintain market knowledge of areas of expenditure and assist in developing supply chain strategies that will underpin Company objectives
· Assist in monitoring supply market relationships, externally and internally and act as a subject matter expert
· Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategies, deliverables, and agreed targets for a defined range of market area and ensure risks are understood, managed and mitigation plans created
· Provide regular and pro-active engagement and support to internal and external stakeholders, to enable best practice to be achieved through delivery of commercially viable contracts that are compliant to all relevant Legislation.
· Support the continuous development of the Company Purchasing System.
· Review transactional activity and deliver Procurement Strategies to address non-value add activities.
· Ensure all materials procured meet the Company's requirements of suitability for purpose, quality, safety and price, and continually monitor and assess Suppliers to ensure they are providing service in accordance with their contractual obligations (where this is within the scope of Procurement)
· Drive Procurement Strategies that deliver savings targets, performance improvement and supplier rationalisation.
· Responsible for reviewing all relevant Legislation, rules, processes and procedures and recommend enhancements to deliver continuous improvement, while ensuring compliance
· Manage and develop a suite of KPIs and management reporting specific to your area of responsibility.
· Lead, motivate, develop and manage a team of Procurement professionals, including responsibility for objective setting, one to ones, coaching and mentoring and knowledge transfer
· Undertake other duties, as directed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience of managing and leading Procurement professionals
· Experience of conducting major and complex Procurements, including Procurement best practice
· Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and Procurement and Contracting process including all relevant Legislation
· Experience of conducting major Contract negotiations
· Awareness of new technological advances in Supply Chain.
· Degree and/or relevant Professional qualification and significant Procurement and Contract Management experience
· Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent qualifications
· Experience of both Public and Private sector Procurement
· Proven track record of delivering optimum results in a muti-faceted Procurement operation together with a comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.