Ref 1961-SB Change Management Partner
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Change Management Partner
REPORTS TO: Change Manager
VACANCY REF: 1961-SB
RATE OF PAY: £35,000 - £45,000 (Manager Grade 2)
LOCATION: Gourock / Agile working
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 23 June 2022
CLOSING DATE: 07 July 2022
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
We are looking for a Change Management Partner with a strong track record in Learning & Development to support the delivery of our change and engagement programme. With the key aim of driving and embedding lasting behavioural change and improving employee engagement, the role will involve leading on transformation initiatives and supporting change projects across a geographically dispersed workforce. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of delivering complex business change and developing learning and development and engagement strategies to improve the employee experience.
As Change Management Partner, you will be able to work remotely and we welcome applications from across the CalMac network. Please note that network travel and occasional travel to our head office at Gourock will be required.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the effective delivery into the DML group of companies (initially CalMac Ferries Limited) of business-critical organisational development and change initiatives. The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Operate as a credible and trusted partner to stakeholders to provide expert consultation, guidance and coaching in areas of change management, employee engagement and learning and development.
· Develop change management strategies and plans to support the successful implementation of key business projects or initiatives.
· Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress to ensure activities add value and contribute to overall organisational goals.
· Have a good knowledge and understanding of change management models and methodologies and develop approaches that makes complex change easy to understand for all stakeholders and keeps them engaged throughout.
· Establish and develop a network of change resources across the CalMac network, capable of driving and embedding change at a local level.
· Develop the Change Journey story, and work with Group Comms to communicate this message effectively throughout the organisation to measurably improve the understanding and appreciation of the importance of Change within the organisation.
· Build capacity and capability for change through a range of training and coaching approaches to all levels of stakeholders on how to implement, manage and sustain successful change.
· Provide input into the learning and development strategy to build a workforce which understands the need for and effectively manages change.
· Work with HR and Operational colleagues to research, design and deliver new organisational development initiatives that develop and enhance our employee experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience in leading organisational development or change initiatives.
· Experience of working on projects across a geographically dispersed workforce and solutions for mitigating the engagement challenges this brings.
· An individual who has a reputation of driving successful outcomes whilst maintaining strong working relationships.
· Able to demonstrate a proven track record of working across all levels of an organisation demonstrating strong stakeholder engagement.
· An analytical thinker who is comfortable with using tools to collate, analyse and present complex information.
· An expert planner who can build schedules, forecast and track tasks and integrate activities.
· A strong communicator, able to utilise varied methods and styles to deliver impactful key messages.
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
· APMG Change Management certification or equivalent OR Communications or HR qualification, combined with proven organisational development or change management experience.
· Able to demonstrate their experience and understanding of change management frameworks / methodologies and tools for delivering successful change.
· A sound understanding of individual learning styles and the ability to flex their approach to suit.
· Robust influencing skills capable of inspiring and motivating other through the change journey.
· Knowledge of project and programme management disciplines.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & TRAITS
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
· Excellent listening skills and the ability to unlock underlying themes and issues in order to create meaningful communications for different stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with a proven ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at all levels and to negotiate mutually acceptable outcomes.
· The ability to develop effective relationships and work collaboratively at all levels across the network.
· Flexibility and adaptability; able to work in ambiguous situations and with the resilience to maintain momentum in the face of challenges and setbacks.
· The ability to empathise with, inspire and motivate others with compelling cases for change.
· Integrity and respect in how they approach their work and their communications.
· Strong work ethic and eagerness to develop solutions to problems.
· Embodies and demonstrates the Company values.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.