Ref 1996-SB Operational Excellence Administrator
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Operational Excellence Administrator
REPORTS TO: Engineering Information Manager
VACANCY REF: 1996-SB
CONTRACT: 9 Months Fixed-Term
RATE OF PAY: £21,855 (Clerical A)
LOCATION: Gourock / Agile working
HOURS PER WEEK: 38
DATE ADVERTISED: 05 August 2022
CLOSING DATE: 19 August 2022
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
· A rewarding career
· A competitive salary
· Excellent training, development and career progression
· 37 days annual leave
· Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
· Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Reporting to the Engineering Information Manager, you will provide a comprehensive Clerical & Administrative support to the Asset Management Operational Excellence Programme.
As Operational Excellence Administrator, you will be able to work remotely and we welcome applications from across the CalMac network. Please note that network travel and occasional travel to our head office at Gourock will be required.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
· Locating and uploading information to the relevant SharePoint site
· Arranging meetings as required, booking venues, issuing invites and meeting packs
· Input to PowerPoint decks
· Taking minutes of meetings and workshops, tracking of actions
· Update Project Information as required (risks, issues, actions and decisions)
· Produce and distribute Weekly and Monthly Status reports in consultation with project and programme staff
· Monitoring of milestones
· Processing of invoicing
· Use of Gangway & SharePoint
· Assist with production of and provide management information on a regular & ad hoc basis
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Proficient in the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office and SharePoint
· Excellent communication skills
· Organised and show attention to detail
· Ability to deal with staff and build relationships at all levels both internally and externally
· The ability to multi task, prioritise, meet deadlines and stay calm under pressure
· The desire to show initiative and work on your own to produce results
· Be flexible and open to change, with a focus on continual improvement
· Have integrity and be passionate about what they do
· Have a strong work & environmental ethic and eagerness to develop solutions to problems.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
It is important that you demonstrate on your CV how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
If you apply for this role and your application is unsuccessful, we will, as part of the Equality Act 2010, retain your application for 1 year after the role is filled and then destroy this.