Calmac website search form
Covid-19 Customer Updates and Travel Advice
Back to Essential Travel

I have a second home on the island/mainland, can I travel to carry out repairs or stay there?

No. CalMac is implementing the strict controls set out by the Scottish Government. Passengers who are unable to produce evidence of island residency as their primary home will be turned away from our ports and will be unable to travel.

We have set out here in our FAQs the circumstances under which passengers can travel to the islands, alongside information on how passengers will be required to evidence residency. This guidance has been set out by the Scottish Government. It is not optional, and it is essential for the protection of all of us. Our recent passenger data suggest that the vast majority of people are abiding by the guidelines.

If you require to make emergency/critical repairs to your property, an appropriate key worker on the island may be able to assist.

How useful was this content?
3.2 / 5
average from 6 votes
Tell us your rating
Tell us your rating
Close Don't show again